free website stats program Hogtunes Big Ultra or 3 way for the Freeway…. What sounds better? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hogtunes Big Ultra or 3 way for the Freeway…. What sounds better?

Yup, the price is $$$$$. J&M will be at Bike Week at Destination Daytona so will try to check them out. Hog Tunes dealer was there last year as well. I have a RG, no tour pack, and have Hog Tunes up front and like the performance. Might add the tweeter pod, but not sure. Hard to beet Hog Tunes 20 yr warranty :)

I have to stop by J&M's booth and ask them some hard hitting questions. 500 watts is hard to believe. They must be talking instantaneous peak power because true RMS both channels driven @ 13.0 volts is over the top for these little charging systems that have a reserve capacity of maybe 20 amps tops.. If the amp really produced that much power, it would take the alternator to its knees even at 5000 RPM. It takes an enormous amount of current to produce steady state power levels like that.

Unless that amp comes with a very very long extension cord that you can plug into a wall socket, it is not happening.:)

I have to stop by J&M's booth and ask them some hard hitting questions. 500 watts is hard to believe. They must be talking instantaneous peak power because true RMS both channels driven @ 13.0 volts is over the top for these little charging systems that have a reserve capacity of maybe 20 amps tops.. If the amp really produced that much power, it would take the alternator to its knees even at 5000 RPM. It takes an enormous amount of current to produce steady state power levels like that.

Unless that amp comes with a very very long extension cord that you can plug into a wall socket, it is not happening.:)

Sick 'em Hoop!!! :D

Back