free website stats program Hit a Racoon! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hit a Racoon!

Hit a dead skunk on a long day one of a cross country trip. No time to wash the bike because of schedule...."PU" factor was bad at any speed below 40. Good theft deterrent though.

Hit a racoon on the way in to work this morning! Pushed me around a little but kept it straight and upright. Gotta admit it got the heart rate up a bit tho. Driving in in the mornings (4 A.M.) up here in the Wisconsin Northwoods is an experiance, can't take your eyes off the ditches for a second. In the last 2 weeks I've seen deer, racoons, possium, rabbits, turkeys, fox and a coyote cross in front of me.

Stay Safe!!

Well, all good news here...your okay, with no lost episodes of Rocky J and Bullwinkle...! Drinks all around. :cheers:cheers:cheers

Yea you have got to love the critters in Wisconsin. The wife was coming home from the Hospital (health issues). The oldest son was driving ( I was already in the hospital for an overnight stay) when Bamm....$6k worth of damage to the Tahoe. And the wife was sad for the fawn that didn't know that momma was now a statistic. Great ending to a wonderful week. On a great note though the Doc gave me a thumbs up on the old ticker for another year.

Yesterday on a quiet mountain road SW of Pueblo a PU screamed by us hauling livingroom stuff and about 2 miles later we crested a hill I recognize the sofa as it is sitting crossways in the two lane highway. Had a clear view of the guy's panic u-turn to get back to it. We had no problems but a car would have and I couldn't help thinking about the "what if " part of motorcycling.

Yesterday on a quiet mountain road SW of Pueblo a PU screamed by us hauling livingroom stuff and about 2 miles later we crested a hill I recognize the sofa as it is sitting crossways in the two lane highway. Had a clear view of the guy's panic u-turn to get back to it. We had no problems but a car would have and I couldn't help thinking about the "what if " part of motorcycling.
You got that right! Whenever I find myself behind a pickup or flatbed truck hauling junk I find a way to get around it. Too many times I have seen stuff come flying off of them and like yourself I also think of the "what if" factor.

Back