free website stats program His Patience paid off | Harley Davidson Forums

His Patience paid off

BOWHIKER

I've been helping my son-in-law for over a year find a good bike . He had a budget he needed to stay with so he had to be patient . There were severl bikes he saw on craig's list all of which were over his $10,000.00 budget . He tried offering them less but didn't have much luck . Last Friday I was looking on CL when a add for a 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom caught my eye . The owner had it listed for $9800.00 and it only had 1500 miles , the add said must sell today . So I e-mailed him the add , he called the guy , went and looked at it offered him 9500.00 and at fisrt the guy said no he had 2 other people coming to look so Derick said ok and left . The guy called him an hour later and said he'd take $9500.00 . Other than a back rest and hand controls and all the pegs it's stock . He ordered a set of Python long shots which will be on by the weekend . Since he bought this my wife is a little more interested in riding , had to take her down last Saturday so she could buy a couple do rags , funny how he buys a bike and it's costing me more money now . Anyway I'll look forward to working on it with him as far as service goes .

Congrats to your son-in-law, sounds like he got a good bike for a good price. Have fun riding:bigsmiley12: together.

:s A very good score, congratulations, now you have a riding partner

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear it. His budget is higher than mine was, that's for sure. I was trying to find a bike for around $6k, then I upped it to $7k, and each time I went up in price, I'd find a bike, it would sell out from under me, and I'd look for another, and up my price again. Found an 08 Super Glide Custom, 2200 miles, with several thousand in chrome for $9500, and got it for $9000. Glad I went up to that price or I could have wound up with something alot less than I wanted, and spend alot more just to make it look the way I wanted.

It does help to just watch and wait till a good deal comes along but you do need to watch what is happening in the marketplace every day
Good deal and his persistence and good negotiation skills did him well

Brian

Congrats! In regards to costing you more money....a couple do-rags is a small price to pay to keep the boss happy, right? You guys ride safe!

Thank you , one thing I forgot to tell you , the 1st thing we bought for them was the little cow bell to keep the gremlins away .

Back