free website stats program High Performance Pushrod Install | Harley Davidson Forums

High Performance Pushrod Install

That's a good PDF Jack. It covered just about everything except holding the cover sleeves up with a rubber band and paper clip.

I've often wondered why Harleys adjust their hydraulic lifters down into the preload so much more than autos. It gave 2 & 1/2 turns (15 flats) on the PDF whereas autos rarely go over 3/4 turns.

I'm guessing it's something to do with air cooled engines expand or "grow" more from the cam lobe to the rocker as it heats up.

Anyhow thanks for posting that up.

That's a good PDF Jack. It covered just about everything except holding the cover sleeves up with a rubber band and paper clip.

I've often wondered why Harleys adjust their hydraulic lifters down into the preload so much more than autos. It gave 2 & 1/2 turns (15 flats) on the PDF whereas autos rarely go over 3/4 turns.

I'm guessing it's something to do with air cooled engines expand or "grow" more from the cam lobe to the rocker as it heats up.

Anyhow thanks for posting that up.

:s I use snapper clothes pins on the push rods to hold the tubes up and out of the way, yeah the expansion rate and severe angles of the V Twin engine hard to compare EH:s

Back