free website stats program high idle problem | Harley Davidson Forums

high idle problem

dozerman

My 1200c (2005) has 16000 miles on it. After initial warmup and even a 30 min. or so ride she idles real good at stop or on stand. Any longer than that and it's like you have the enricher positioned half way at idle but no performance problems I can feel or hear. Everything is stock and clean air filter. Any ideas?

My 1200c (2005) has 16000 miles on it. After initial warmup and even a 30 min. or so ride she idles real good at stop or on stand. Any longer than that and it's like you have the enricher positioned half way at idle but no performance problems I can feel or hear. Everything is stock and clean air filter. Any ideas?

Totally stock and NOT worked on(Carb)

DID this come on ALL By It's Self???

Not Anything done to change something here?

Answer first so I can reply.

signed....BUBBIE

This sounds like an intake leak, more info will help

Yeh. Totally stock, no carb work or anything. Oh yeah, the warmer the days get the quicker it does it. Back in our so called winter she idled like a champ.

Jack, What can I do to check for intake leak?

Spray some carb cleaner or WD40 around the intake flanges see if the motor changes RPM, spray around carb spigot boot also, and finally if you have a VOE switch check it for a leak also

I like to use a propane torch myself. Blasting the gas round the leak points makes the engine RPM change.

I found the P0505 on my wife's 2007 sportster had a broken wire in the idle air control motor harness, you can get a replacment harness/connector from napa part # ec113 comes with wires and connector. (the wire breaks internally cant see from outside) its about $24.00 and problem solved on hers

Back