free website stats program Hidden Antenna | Harley Davidson Forums

Hidden Antenna

90FXRS

Contributor
Looking for suggestions, experience with hidden am-fm antenna . I am replacing the rear fender extension on the Street Glide and there is no hole for the antenna. I have seen a video on yucktube that shows bending the factory antenna forward through the frame and tucking it under the tank. Not really what I want to do.

I tried the powered antenna in the fairing and reception was terrible. I took it out and took a stainless steel car antenna and bent it into a coil , then made a mount for it on the fairing bracket. Then put the outer fairing back on over it. Works as good as the old factory whip did. It's been under there for 10 years now.

My Electra Glide had a hidden antenna when I bought it used. I thought the reception was ok until I put the whip on for a while. Big difference.

Looking for suggestions, experience with hidden am-fm antenna . I am replacing the rear fender extension on the Street Glide and there is no hole for the antenna. I have seen a video on yucktube that shows bending the factory antenna forward through the frame and tucking it under the tank. Not really what I want to do.
I use a Tune Trapper Works good

Back