free website stats program Hi | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi

Skye is beautiful. Even in the heavy fog. Unfortunately/fortunately lol, we go over to fly a friend's hot air balloon near Lanark. So, when the weather is bad, a.k.a. windy & rainy, we can go a way for a couple of days. Someday, we hope to have high winds and clear skies. Not quite the case last year, but we still had a great time!
cool, sounds great fun, not so far from me... yeah Skye is lovely that whole area has some beautiful places and great roads,

I have never been on Skye although I have been as far as the Skye bridge at Easter we are going to the isle of Lewis bikes if the weather is good campervan if not I will put more effort into getting the campervan ready

Brian

I was there probably the 2 worst days of the year as far as visibility goes, but that's the breaks when you have a fair weather hobby/job. :). Next trip, I hope to have 25mph winds, good visibility.

Due to the geographic location of the western isles and the weather patterns driven by the Atlantic ocean and the Jetstream
Air tends to rise as it hits the landmass as the warm air it sea level hits the cold air higher up condensation forms and falls as rain which is driven hard by the wind
So 25 mph winds and good visibility tend not to go hand in hand
As the ground is always damp on the west coast and on the western isles and the highland midge lays its eggs in damp soil there is always a good chance of a swarm of midges although they don't like sun or wind so if you get those dreamed of weather conditions it may be a good time to visit the area

Brian

Back