Hi Performance Belt

Discussion in 'Harley Davidson Extreme Modification' started by 90FXRS, Jan 16, 2017.

1. 90FXRS

90FXRS Junior Member Contributor

I'm posting this here as I'm wondering what the members have to say for a high performance final drive belt. High torque and horsepower application.....125+ on both numbers......chain is not an option.

2. Gates, or any Hybrid

3. dolt

dolt Senior Member

The OEM belt, made by Gates, either the wide or narrow, will get the job done; I think the narrow is the stronger of the two. I run the narrow on a bagger, not 125 square but 124TQ/110HP with no issues but I don't abuse the motor.;) Back tire breaks loose from time to time but no burnouts or other stupid stuff. I know a few that have replace the OEM belt with aftermarket belts (Gates non OEM and Falcon) to save $$ only to break them. Some hardheads have to break two before they go back to OEM.....:eek: I also know a few that run 117", 120" and 124" motors making higher than 125 square numbers that run OEM belts with no issues but they don't abuse either.:cool:

I understand the aversion to chain drive; not an option for me either.

4. joel

joel Senior Member

From what I have read it sounds like alot of work changing a belt 1 time. Doing a few times do to a belt not being strong enough would be frustrating.

Fisherking likes this.