free website stats program Hi from Oregon | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi from Oregon

HackABike

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Harleys and I picked a doosy to start out with.
I bought a '90 Softail Springer and its got 61K and quite a few issues.

I did ride it once before starting to tear into it, and I sure do now understand the feel of a Harley after riding some standards, sport, and a metric cruiser.
Its all metal!

Currently I'm in the process of removing the primary and I just discovered online that my bike fell in the years of the "casting issue" for the crankcase causing oil leak into the primary. I drained a half gallon of oil out of the primary the other day. I've never done anything but carb work before.

Harley%2520027.JPG

Welcome to The Forum, Harley knew of the casting issues and after a while they turned a blind eye to it. Good Luck with your new bike. There are tons of Evo parts out there:s

Welcome to The Forum, Harley knew of the casting issues and after a while they turned a blind eye to it. Good Luck with your new bike. There are tons of Evo parts out there:s

Thanks, I looked at the awesome collection of tech tips, but didn't see any on the casting crankcase issue. Is there any way to tell or is it just seeing a crack? I saw some aftermarket crankcases for $1K already, but hoping to avoid that if all possible.

Kudos to those who worked at organizing this forum, the organization of information is really great!

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back