free website stats program Heritage Softail Classic Backrest | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Softail Classic Backrest

AZRICH

I used to have a Suzuki Boulevard before moving up to a Heritage Softail Classic. I had a backrest on that Suzuki made by a guy named Lonnie Alsteens who has a company called Grasshopper Limited. The backrest was great.

One of the issues I have had with my 2009 Heritage was finding a backrest for it. Well, I looked up Lonnie and he makes one for Heritage Softails years 2006 - 2010. I bought one, installed it, and took a 250 miles ride with it. It is great. Unlike complaints I heard from others that the FireHouse Customs backrest would not fit the newer Heritage if the passenger seat was on, Lonnie's backrest fits with stock driver and passenger seats on with NO problems.

Great product, great price. Non-studded is $110 and the studded is $115.

He also makes it for the Dyna series, 2006 and later.

Google search Grasshopperlimited to find him. I only have 4 posts so I can't post his link.

He is little known, but makes a great product.

So, with my 4 inch pullback risers and my backrest, no more back ache for me. Love it.

I have a Firehouse backrest for my 2008. (no longer have the 08 but still have the backrest).

For the money it was a backsaver. Glad I got it. Don't know about how they work with the 09's as the passenger pillion has more padding.

I used to have a Suzuki Boulevard before moving up to a Heritage Softail Classic. I had a backrest on that Suzuki made by a guy named Lonnie Alsteens who has a company called Grasshopper Limited. The backrest was great.

One of the issues I have had with my 2009 Heritage was finding a backrest for it. Well, I looked up Lonnie and he makes one for Heritage Softails years 2006 - 2010. I bought one, installed it, and took a 250 miles ride with it. It is great. Unlike complaints I heard from others that the FireHouse Customs backrest would not fit the newer Heritage if the passenger seat was on, Lonnie's backrest fits with stock driver and passenger seats on with NO problems.

Great product, great price. Non-studded is $110 and the studded is $115.

He also makes it for the Dyna series, 2006 and later.

Google search Grasshopperlimited to find him. I only have 4 posts so I can't post his link.

He is little known, but makes a great product.

So, with my 4 inch pullback risers and my backrest, no more back ache for me. Love it.

Any Pics:bigsmiley11:

OK, here's a picture. Just ran out to the garage and snapped it.

It also comes off in about 2 seconds. Just pulls out of it's mounting bracket, which peeks out between the driver and passenger seat.

backrest.jpg

Where is the Picture I am looking for one for my wifes new Heritage (2011). If you can can you post a link.

I was looking for more seat and back support also. I did a lot of looking around at the different options available cause the stock seat on my "09 Heritage just wasn't cutting it. About a month ago I took the plunge and got the Mustang Wide Solo with Drivers backrest. I had read that the Mustang moved the rider up and forward but I decided to gamble any way. Well the gamble did not pay off. I'm not happy with the Mustang. True to what I read, it moved me up and too far forward completely changing the dynamics of my ride. Center of gravity changed for the worse. In any case, I've also looked at the Firehouse Customs and Grasshopper backrests, as well as the Kuryakyn. Neither the Firehouse or Grasshopper is adjustable, while the Kuryakyn is. So I just ordered the Kuryakyn for a decent price (it retails on the Kuryakyn site for $279.00, I got it for $75.00 less). I'll get rid of the Mustang and if necessary have my stock seat reworked. We shall see...
I'll report back once it arrives and I get a chance to test drive it.
Semper Fidelis! T

I saw an HD dealer in Michigan advertize a "seat day" a while back. It sounds like something to ask the local dealer about having one.

Back