free website stats program Heritage Enricher question | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage Enricher question

MN01Heritage

On my carburated 01 Heritage the enricher no longer stays out on its own to allow for for warm up on cooler days. I used to be able to keep it all the way out or adjust the amount I wanted until the bike was fully warm and it would stay on its own, now I have to hold it out or it goes back to stock location. Is there something that broke or an ajdustment I have to make to get it back to original operation? This is kind of a pain now that it's cold out.

On my carburated 01 Heritage the enricher no longer stays out on its own to allow for for warm up on cooler days. I used to be able to keep it all the way out or adjust the amount I wanted until the bike was fully warm and it would stay on its own, now I have to hold it out or it goes back to stock location. Is there something that broke or an ajdustment I have to make to get it back to original operation? This is kind of a pain now that it's cold out.

You need to adjust the nut on the back of the housing, easy it is plastic and will break easy, just a bit and try it :s

What Jack meant to say was EASY it will break with slightly more than finger pressure. I've broke 2.:D

I believe you will want to loosen the large metal nut on the backside of the mounting bracket first. Then adjust the plastic nut just enough to hold enrichener in place. Then re-tighten metal nut. If plastic nut can no longer be snugged enough to hold, then replace enrichener assembly.:)

Like the others said and it is easy to break the plastic nut. I keep a small spring clamp in my windshield bag that I use when I pull the enricher out, just put it between the knob and the bracket and it holds the enricher knob out.

Back