free website stats program Heritage bags | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage bags

Thanks, I checked out both sites and both look good, fixing these ones just might be the thing to do, for the price anyway. Was thinking of hard bags, a bit more water tight, might look a bit odd and costalotaa $$$. Thanks agian for the info

If you decide to use the inserts and get them on please post some pictures before and after.

too bad they wouldn't just use the right weight of leather then we wouldn't have to worry about the sag. i got tired of trying to get good bags so made my own. i used 14 oz. leather for the back panel 10 ounce for the front and top. these babies will never sag

Thanks for all the replys, the bags is my next project on here, I will take some before and after pics. It takes some time to ship to Canada from the U.S. thru customs etc but it will get done sooner or later.

well, today i was at the motorcyle showin nyc....very disappointing....small..not alot of stuff. alot of vendors from years passed weren't there including pappa bags...... sorry.:(

too bad they wouldn't just use the right weight of leather then we wouldn't have to worry about the sag. i got tired of trying to get good bags so made my own. i used 14 oz. leather for the back panel 10 ounce for the front and top. these babies will never sag

Billst has a very good point, most of your better aftermarket OEM makers use 13 oz. leather in their bags, and polypropylene (for water resistance and stiffness for those areas subject to watersplashing, which is why other aftermarket manufacturers make insert stiffiners to prevent "sagging bags".

Thanks for all the replies on this. I did some research on the ideas you all posted and found a dealer here in B.C. for the saggy bags insert kits, they cost a bit more here in Canada like 165.00 but shipping will only be 20 bucks, so saggy bags are ordered and now we are waiting. Thanks again I will try to post before and after pics.

Sorry I should also add that I learned that it is recomended to install a stiffner kit when the bags are new, before they get saggy bacause they can get to the point beyond repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I checked out both sites and both look good, fixing these ones just might be the thing to do, for the price anyway. Was thinking of hard bags, a bit more water tight, might look a bit odd and costalotaa $$$. Thanks agian for the info
Check out the hard bags from B&B Reproductions in Pa. They are a reproduction of the retro fiberglass bags of the fifties. I'm thinking about them for my Heritage.

Back