free website stats program Here we go again!! VR this time? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here we go again!! VR this time?

What would it take to convert to the three phase system? Is it new 3 phase stator and VR only, or is there some difference in the rotor too? If I know what it will take, then the next time these things crater, I will just up-grade.

TQ

Jack,

Have you used this kit? Looks like the VR is the smaller version that mounts on the up tubes cross-member, right? That would leave a nice big gap behind my cooler core, and would probably increase the air flow through it.

Hoop,

Success with the new VR I bought from HD yesterday (over $200!!). Put it on last night, NP. On tender all night and finally green light this morning. Best thing though is when I started the bike, the Vdc gage on the dash popped up to about 14 1/2 Vdc (hard to tell exactly with this little gage)!! Did NOT vary much if at all based on engine speed. This is different than the last unit which varied significantly based on engine speed. I think that unit, which failed earlier in the week, may have been bad the whole time. However, it may just have just been since the stator fried and that is what damaged the previous VR.

Anyway. Back in BLACK!! I will pop these two old units in the mail to you. Let us know what you find out about them after dissection!!

TQ

Looks like you solved your problem. I have used thes products when they first came out as an up grade on Shovels and a Evo Heritage with very good results:s

Back