free website stats program help | Harley Davidson Forums

help

Cain33

I am looking to purchase my first harley. I am hung up on which bike to go with. I really like the look of the dyna wide glide, but I have never road a dyna. I have rode a softail before and I like the duece and the custom. I was wanting some input from some people who know. I really like the look of the wide glide and am leaning that way, but want some input. I have experience riding so that should not be an issue. If it matters I am 26 and have a girlfriend that will want to ride every once and a while.

Welcome aboard. My only advice would be is to buy the bike you like. Your gut says to get a wide glide so I would sat to follow your gut.

Yeah, thats what i am thinking. Really cant get this certain one out of my head. Thanks for your input.

Well it's up to you! In my opinion, I would ride one and all the others just to see which I really liked the best. I've made the mistake before of buying before riding and it does get exspensive. Best of luck and Welcome! :cheers

Go to the local dealer if there is one nearby and test ride one or acouple. Lots of dealers have special days. All you need is a license.

I'm with the group here, don't know where your located but there are many places that rent Harleys. Rent your favorite for a day and have your friend ride two up with you. A good day in the saddle will tell you how it feels and you will be able to determine if you need to look further. I own a 94FLSTC and an 05FLTRI, both bikes ride completely different and I wouldn't want it any other way. Welcome to the forum and no matter what model you choose ride safe.

like they all say try to test ride different models take ur time. dyna a nice bikesince u have experience if u go cheaper to sportster youll probally up grade sooner than u think and will be loosing to much $$$ on a trade in good luck go slow

All these guys are right test drive and decide,but if you are like me I always go with the bike that attracts me the most.
I have had a Wide Glide and now a softail custom and liked them both.

Go with you gut feeling and you will be OK .

Like others said, you have to ride the one you choose to see if you like it, but at 26 and needing a comfy ride for your GF, I would look at the Street Glide or the Road King to start with. I would go with a touring suspension and you still get the style of a young guy...LOL! That way when you get to be really really old, like 30 something, you still will like it! Of course this is JMO. Good luck.
:D

Back