free website stats program Help !!!!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Help !!!!!!!

earlier today I pulled my carb. to find out if it had an kit installed, I put it back on to do fine adj. and it idles fine but when I open it up to half throttle or more it bogs down like someone turned the ingnition off. ANY IDEAS PLEASE !!!!!!

earlier today I pulled my carb. to find out if it had an kit installed, I put it back on to do fine adj. and it idles fine but when I open it up to half throttle or more it bogs down like someone turned the ingnition off. ANY IDEAS PLEASE !!!!!!

I am thinking that maybe some dirt got in the main jet. You might wanna take the fuel bowl off and check and clean the main jet. ( it would idle fine if main was clogged as it uses different circuit for idle) Also while you are in there check and make sure float level is right. And make sure enrichment cable is routed properly so it is not staying open ( this would make it run rich but would probably affect idle too but mid range and up more) Hope this helps.

Did you open up the top of the carb where the diaphragm is?

If so the diaphragm probably isn't seated correctly in the groove in the top of the carb.

I have checked diaphram for holes and ilignment . while I was running it a few minutes ago I noticed in the middle of carb. the guide ( or whaterever it is )where the needle enters bottom half of carb.... is loose and vibrates up and down a little on needle , what can I do to lock it in .

I have checked diaphram for holes and ilignment . while I was running it a few minutes ago I noticed in the middle of carb. the guide ( or whaterever it is )where the needle enters bottom half of carb.... is loose and vibrates up and down a little on needle , what can I do to lock it in .

Don't think you'd want to lock it in. That's the main jet needle that is attached to the slide that the diaphram opens up. I still think it's a seating problem with the diaphram . They are quite tricky to reseat if you had it out/apart. You must apply light pressure to the carb top while making a small circular motion until you feel it gather up the diaphram and seat it in the grove.

If you open the throttle with the motor running that slide that you wanted to lock will raise up as RPM's increase. If it isn't then the problem is in the seating of the diaphram at the top.

Back