free website stats program Help with exhaust please!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help with exhaust please!!!

on my monster ovals the tip was welded to the end plate , I took a wizzer wheel and cut off the welds and removed the tips with out hurting the end plates, idk if yours is like that good luck

Thanks, I am dealing with a stripped set screw right now but I am gonna pull them out if I can and see what I can do. I had the screws out the other day on one side but couldnt seem to break the baffle loose to pull it out. They are tight. Any good ideas on how to get them out ?

Thanks, I am dealing with a stripped set screw right now but I am gonna pull them out if I can and see what I can do. I had the screws out the other day on one side but couldnt seem to break the baffle loose to pull it out. They are tight. Any good ideas on how to get them out ?

The reason you couldn't find these on their website is because they are discontinued - I had a rattiling noise coming from one of my mufflers and had to pull the baffle out to fix it, found out it was one of three allen screws that had backed out. The billet cone piece is held to the baffle by the three screws I mentioned,fought with pulling out the baffle for about 5 minutes and decided to just remove the muffler and use a broomstick to smack it out from the inside out (used a little liquid wrench) - just be real careful when putting it back,be sure to align the two screws before tapping the baffle/cone back in because once it starts to go in it's hard to rotate it to line up the holes,also there is a rubber O ring that seals the baffle inside the pipe - if it is damaged you can call V+H and they will sell you one for about 3-4 bucks each.

Try starting the bike up with the screws removed. Usually the vibration and heat expansion will do the job.

Back