free website stats program HELP!!:Speedometer jumping engine stalling | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HELP!!:Speedometer jumping engine stalling

I think I might have found the problem. I replaced the starter and the speedo and misfiring got worse. The only other thing I messed with was the small sensor on the transmission I think it's the neutral safety switch. This time I noticed that the neutral light was flickering while I was having the problem, is it possible that this little switch could be causing all of this??

I think I might have found the problem. I replaced the starter and the speedo and misfiring got worse. The only other thing I messed with was the small sensor on the transmission I think it's the neutral safety switch. This time I noticed that the neutral light was flickering while I was having the problem, is it possible that this little switch could be causing all of this??

You sure that is not the speed sensor for the speedometer? That could cause a problem

Actually I did remove the speed sensor too in order to fit the starter, maybe that is the problem. Is there any way to check to see if it is bad?

It has a Crane cams HI-4 single fire race ignition. Definitely wasn't the speed sensor or the neutral safety switch.

I found the vacuum line from the carb to the cylinder head loose, I know this could cause the bike acting the way it has but I wouldn't think this would effect the speedo. Could it?

I found the vacuum line from the carb to the cylinder head loose, I know this could cause the bike acting the way it has but I wouldn't think this would effect the speedo. Could it?

Vacuum line from intake to VOE switch? That should not affect the speedo, Do you have any kind of owners manual on this model?

I;m new here because of much of the same problem,2000 heritage classic,,34,000 miles,,I bought used.It ran great while I was thinking of buying,after buying it ran great,but the check engine light did come on ,stay on a minute ,go off,,come on,stay on 3 0r 4 minutes,go off,,not all the time ,but quiet a bit,It never did anything,just come on.then all of a sudden the bike would lose power,jump ,spitter,sputter,backfire,speedo would drop to zero,up to 80 down to zero,the LED miles would go blank,then all of udden it would pick up and go ahead on,run great.May be the next day,maybe next week,it would do it again,,I put a new speed sensor on,hecked the battery connections,body ground,I went thu the code procedure,it shows no codes,..I have been reading this forum,seems most judt have speedo and lights problems,mine runs terrible with all the sputtering..It dies sometimes,but cranks right back up,,Any real clues to this or is this gonna be a hit and miss deal till a miricale happens,,,Thanks in advance

Back