free website stats program Help, need to re-route clutch cable........ | Harley Davidson Forums

Help, need to re-route clutch cable........

92FXRS

'92 FXRS Low Rider. Put on taller handlebars, so I need to re-route the clutch cable. Problem is I can't get the cable loose from the clutch lever housing. Is there an easy way to do this ? My Harley service manual just says to pull the pivot pin in the housing, but can't seem to pull the cable out enough to run it throught the slot in the housing ? Let me know if you have any suggestions, Thanks

'92 FXRS Low Rider. Put on taller handlebars, so I need to re-route the clutch cable. Problem is I can't get the cable loose from the clutch lever housing. Is there an easy way to do this ? My Harley service manual just says to pull the pivot pin in the housing, but can't seem to pull the cable out enough to run it throught the slot in the housing ? Let me know if you have any suggestions, Thanks

There is an adjustment link in the middle of the cable. Loosen the lock nut, then screw the link together as far as possible. This will give you enough free cable to pull out from the lever.

You will need to take your clutch adjustment in all the wey first, look in your manual for clutch adjustment procedure, .you will most likly want to do the clutch adjustment with this mod you are doing,

Back