free website stats program Help identify a 1200 conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

Help identify a 1200 conversion

hdgoogles

Hi, I tied searching for this but can't find anything. I am looking at buying an 09 883l that supposedly has 1200 kit installed, the kit number is 30003-10. I'm pretty sure its installed, the cylinders are all black and have an HD shield logo stamped on each cylinder on one side but on the other side I see what looks like a part number, 15956-02. Does anyone have this kit and can verify these markings? I always thought the part numbers after the dash were the year...

tn107s3.jpg

Part#: 30003-10
Screamin' Eagle® Sportster® 883CC to 1200CC Stage 1 Conversion Kit - Solid Black Make your 883 roar. Now available in wrinkle black finish without highlighted fins to match the Iron 883™, this complete conversion kit will alter the personality of your 883-equipped Sportster® model. Designed to bring your XL883 model up to XL1200 specifications, this kit includes Sportster® Stage I Air Cleaner kit, XL1200 cylinder heads, and XL1200 cylinders and pistons. No case machining is required for installation. Street legal when used with stock mufflers. All models require ECM calibration* (priced separately). MSRP $1200 USD

Go to your local HD dealer and see if they have the Service Note or Part List Detail, and help you identify the kit items for identifying details. Next, Inspect the cosmetics first, air cleaner is SE design...does it match kit...pull it and see if the airhorn parts are same ones, check barrels and exposed gasket/seals for signs of recent replacement rather than OEM originals, verify part numbers or mfg #'s & date codes. Maybe even the old owner may have registered bike at local HD dealer, so check around with your VIN #...one of your local HD shops may have done the work, possibly even record they did the ECM/EFI download. Finally if the replaced parts do not match date codes of main frame/engine/tranny parts it is likely the upgrade was done.

that barrel part number isnt available in the kit breakdown of the 1200 converter kit, the barrels dont have a part number listed in the kit.the part number on the barrel you have doesnt seem to exist.

Just a clarification, some castings have a date code or manufacturing "clock" code indicating time of manufacture, used for internal in process manufacturing control in some Quality Assurance protocols....worth a shot if all else fails in your quest to find out without "cracking it open". I'm inclined to be like BigRol here, just ride it like ya stole it and not worry about numbers and and "cracking a cold one" (after the ride of course).:cheers

Last edited:
I went through the same thing when I bought my 04 sporty. I bought it used and thought it was stock 883. I visited a dealer in S.C. and one of the grease monkees asked me when I had modified the bike. I explained that I had bought it as is and did not know of any modifications. He pointed out some external mods but have since run into a dead end trying to track down the previous owner. I figure that since it is running very well and I am not having any problems I will wait and figure it out later. Hope this helps!

Back