free website stats program Helmet use (What's your Opinion)? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet use (What's your Opinion)?

I ride with a full face Z1R helmet. From racing moto I've become a firm believer in them, that and NY requires you to wear a helmet. I've known too many people that have whacked thier heads messing around with no helmets on.

I think helmets are one of those things that are better to have and not need ,than to need and not have.

Fortunately, helmets are not like experience. Experience is something you acquire just after you needed it! You can plan in advance with helmets. (I'm not advocating "planning" to have an accident! :p)

Fortunately, helmets are not like experience. Experience is something you acquire just after you needed it! You can plan in advance with helmets. (I'm not advocating "planning" to have an accident! :p)
If you plan on an accident it's not an accident! Accidents happen when the unprepared meet reality!!

Full face helmet.

Looks a bit strange on some of the old bikes, though.

Would still prefer to choose, though.

If you live in a state or location where wearing a helmet is not required by law, then I see no problem if someone chooses not to wear one.
Personally, I wear a helmet even though it looks "cooler" to go without.

I wear one every time I get on the bike.
Not because of my riding skills but because of other drivers never see you.

I have to wear a helmet either way, The U S Marine Corps still owns my backside and they say as long as I am on a bike I will wear a helmet and a reflective vest. but I would wear a helmet no matter what.

i have to credit my dad for the way i look at SAFTY.if i were in our shop using torches he would slap me on the back of the head and toss the cutting goggles and gloves at me. :swoonif i were using any tools at all he would make me were SAFTY glasses. if it was something loud like shooting or the chop saw he made us were hearing plugs. or use a chicken stick with the table saw. welding we had to were the leather over coat gloves and welding mask.there was no such thing as I'm just gonna tack this dad he would still make you put all the SAFTY gear on. but i have to thank him for it today i make my own kid or my helpers do the same only takes a second to change your life for good.a lot of guys i ride with don't were a helmet when were in NH but hey thats there business me ill sweat my a-- off:sd

Last edited:
Back