free website stats program Helmet to Helmet | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet to Helmet

My buddy and I used the Chatterbox system a couple of years with good success. He switched to the Scala unit and I didn't want to spend the money so I sold my Chatterbox. Not because I didn't like, but because he sold his and left me hanging in the air waves. lol

I like the looks of this system and it has good reviews online. The price may have me waiting awhile though. $399 seems a little pricey

I appreciate all of the feedback tho!

Just received our SMH10 last week. $299 from Cyclebots
Sena SMH10 Dual Pack Stereo Bluetooth Helmet Headset and Intercom

Had a lot of wind noise pickup when riding over 45 mph. Placed some black electrical tape under the wind sock on the outward side of the mic over the vent (??) slots. All good now.

I haven't tried Sena's earbuds because I use Ear Inc. custom earplugs which are perfect with the SMH10 using both half and full helmets. I started with the speakers mounted in the full helmet and they worked alright, but there isn't a great deal of room between my ears and the speakers and on a long trip, they would start to irritate me. The earplugs fit all the way into my ears so problem solved.

I like the looks of this system and it has good reviews online. The price may have me waiting awhile though. $399 seems a little pricey

I appreciate all of the feedback tho!
Try mrhit.com, my06RoadKing. That's where I purchased mine. Much cheaper.

I haven't tried Sena's earbuds because I use Ear Inc. custom earplugs which are perfect with the SMH10 using both half and full helmets. I started with the speakers mounted in the full helmet and they worked alright, but there isn't a great deal of room between my ears and the speakers and on a long trip, they would start to irritate me. The earplugs fit all the way into my ears so problem solved.

masher, thanks for the info. Looked at the website and lots 0f options to choose from. Which earplugs are the ones you purchased? Hoping to make a one time purchase as costly as this seems and sounds like what you have chosen may fit the bill nicely.

TripleJ: I got the iPlugz Sports Monitors. They reduce the wind noise, the noise from my pipes, etc., and they let me listen to tunes if I choose to at a much lower volume than I had to previously with regular earbuds. When I wear the intercom, I just plug them in to the unit and the iPod into the unit and then I have both intercom and tunes. It's the best solution I have found so far. By the way, the earplugs are also great for the gym.

Back