free website stats program Helmet liners | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet liners

R_W_B

Anybody ever try these things? (link below)
ANR Skull Cap

I'm thinking of ordering one. Seems like they would be less trouble than stuffing a big hankerchief in my helmet like I have been doing for hot weather riding.

Seems like you could pick up something similar (do-rag) at a bike run or swap meet for about half the price. And have lots of choices in colors and designs.

I use a thin cotton one when it's warm, and a wool cap for the cold days.

Helmet liners and such only work if you have a helmet that is a little to large...as a proper fitting helmet would be too tight to add anything else. That said, I do have a helmet that fits perfect...once I put an H-D leather cap on. It was the one I wore just after I got the bike, the previous owner "threw" in that helmet so I could ride it home that day. I have it around for nostalgia's sake, as it is a DOT 2006...as I wear my newer DOT 2008 Kevlar one for my celebrated noggin (yeah-yeah "Legend in my own mind thing")LOL! :)

Last edited:
Most new helmet's liners come out to wash if they get nasty. And most already have a wicking liner, unless it is a really cheap helmet, ie. non-DOT.

Most new helmet's liners come out to wash if they get nasty. And most already have a wicking liner, unless it is a really cheap helmet, ie. non-DOT.

Yes I have a removable liner in my helmet. But I'm bald and sweat like a pig on my head in the summer. So to try and go longer without washing and wearing on the liner I stick a big red folded bandana in my helmet. Works good and easy to wash....but sometimes falls out when I take my helmet off and I have fold it back in just so. Kinda inconvenient. Was thinking these things might go on and off easier and quicker.
I also tried the Walmart tie bandanas that have a tie in the back, but the knot from the tie doesn't fit in the helmet comfortable. Anyhow just a folded bandana works best so far. Might try one of these skull caps just to see. Says that flight pilots use them under their helmets.

Anybody ever try these things? (link below)

I'm thinking of ordering one. Seems like they would be less trouble than stuffing a big hankerchief in my helmet like I have been doing for hot weather riding.

If you get a skull cap the ones from gibson are great. They are very thin and make my helmet more comfortable and that is using a very snug custom fit helmet.

I would suggest that you look on the web for aviation suppliers to do some price comparison. The ones from gibson are marketed towards the aviation industry and similar products are available from other aviation supply companies.

If you get a skull cap the ones from gibson are great. They are very thin and make my helmet more comfortable and that is using a very snug custom fit helmet.

I would suggest that you look on the web for aviation suppliers to do some price comparison. The ones from gibson are marketed towards the aviation industry and similar products are available from other aviation supply companies.

So far Gibson is the only one that offers what I am looking for (thin, above the ears, no tie, cotton mix etc)
I have not bought one yet. Course it hasn't got that hot yet either.

How come no bandana? The whole "Jax" look from Sons is still in isn't it?

Yea, for some reason you answer is amusing. I guess mainly because I enjoy all your posts. I am planning on putting the 10" Wild1s T bars like Jax has though, so I'm trying.

But actually I already use a bandana. At first I tried tieing it on but the knot was uncomfortable in the helmet. So currently I fold it up and carefully place it in the helmet, but it is inconvenient to mess with since it usually falls out when I take my helmet off.

I thought the skull caps would be quick and convenient. But don't worry you won't see me wearing one without the helmet on. They don't quite have the look to suit me.

I would like to wear one of those leather caps (when I don't wear a helmet). But with having to wear glasses to see the speedo, a helmet with a face shield is the only way I can really ride comfortable. I have ridden with no helmet a few times with just my prescription glasses but I constantly have to watch not turning my head of I will loose them. I really like wearing a helmet now anyhow.

So how ya likun that Bobbed out Heritage that looks so good.

Back