free website stats program Helmet Liner Repair | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Liner Repair

Lakerat

When I bought my 98 Ultra Anniversary bike this week, to my surprise, the guy brought out the two matching helmets for it. When I got them home, I got to looking at them and the liners have gone to (EDIT). Does anyone know who can refurbish these helmets or are they just gonna be a conversation piece?

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Conversation piece, unfortunately helmets are only good for about five years or one accident. Once the pads and lining start to wear away you are sacrificing the helmets effectiveness. I would get rid of them and start fresh if I were you.

Dswartz is probably correct but if the helmets have no damage you can replace the foam and covering. I went to a shop that repairs furniture and they have foam in many different densities and thickness. A trip to the fabric store and you should be able to come up with something soft to cover the new foam.

Thanks for the info guys. The only time these helmets would be worn is when I go through a state with helmet laws. The shells aren't damaged in any way, just the foam liners. Who makes the helmets for Harley? All I can find inside is the SNELL info.

There are multiple manufacturers for HD helmets. I have noticed where they do list on new helmets on line who the manufacturer is. Maybe a call to the dealer would help?

They sell helmets nowdays with removable and washable liners but I don't know what luck one would have at replacing the liners if they wore out. Don's idea could be checked out. An upholstery shop can do bout anything but it's a matter of how much it will cost.

Back