free website stats program Hello from Benton, Ark!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hello from Benton, Ark!!

Booden, thanks for the reply and to all the others, thank you. After many frustrating hours, I unplugged the two connectors coming off of the fairing/forks and cleaned them and put dioelectric grease and made sure they were snug and boom....fired right up. I'm not sure why my cruise control went out but it may have something to do with my rear brakes. As we pulled in from our trip to Texas, I noticed my rear brakes were nil. Very lucky as I had my 12 year old son on the bike with me. Once I got it started late last night, I pushed the brakes one time and ALL of the brake fluid ran out. The heat protector hose had melted and it allowed the rear brake hose to touch the crankcase which then burned a hole in my brake line. So.... I'm thinking that may be why my cruise isn't working. Taking it to local shop Monday for new brakes and brake line. I put new iridium plugs in before I left for Texas and they may be too "hot" for my bike. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Welcome to The Forum
The self help section is your next stop for tips to diagnose and repair your bike

Back