free website stats program Heel Toe Shifter, kinda like a rattlesnake. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel Toe Shifter, kinda like a rattlesnake.

You guys do realize they are adjustable as far as position to make them comfortable I hope. :s

You know Glider, I hate the way my heel/toe shifter is and I know it needs to be adjusted but I never think about it till I am on my way out for a ride and then remember that there was something I needed to do before I went on this ride!!!

I forgot to mention that I also have problem with left leg caused by accident that makes it hard to lift foot to use heel shifter. I was even considering that electric shift solenoid cause I don't want this pain to keep me from doing the only think I want to do in this world and that is riding my bike.

Last edited:
Hey VH, try a post it note, just write it down & put it somewhere you will see it. I had to do this for me to change the time on the water softener at home. It always cycles @ 2:00 a. m., and of course I would only think of changing the time on the unit when it would wake me up in the middle of the night. I finally did get the time changed, but I had to make notes & stick them on the bathroom mirror & the washing machine. (the water softener is in the utility room beside the bedroom & it is noisy).

Has anyone tried the "Slick Shifter". I've seen the ads but haven't talked to anyone that has actually tried it. Kuryakyn sales it but it's actually manufactured by a company called either F&G or A&G. It moves the pegs to the ends of the floorboard almost flush with the surface.
I'm interested in getting one but would like to hear some reviews first.

The slick shift appears a viable solution to someone with a large foot. Not an issue for my size 9 though. I set the heel shift by raising the toe shifter to it's shifted height then positioning the heel shifter to just clear the board. That minimizes the foot movement to actuate the heel shift. Still,,use it only occasionally, like aspirin.:rider

Luv the toe/heel shift. It's one of those things I luv about harleys. You guys with the bad left leg, you didn't hit the same deer I hit, did ya?:bigsmiley31:

Back