free website stats program Heated havd grips on an '09 UC | Harley Davidson Forums

Heated havd grips on an '09 UC

Doug_09ultra

:dknowDoes anyone have any idea if you can use heated grips on The new UC?
The catalog says that they are not compatible with internally wired handlebars. I haven't taken delivery on my new UC yet and was thinking of having heated grips installed but I'm think the bars are internally wired.

not sure on the 09.... I have an 08 and put a new set of bars on that are internally wired and have heated grips np.

Much better off with the heated gloves like the Gerbing G3. The grips don't last too long and only heat the inside of your hand where the gloves heat the outside/back that is exposed to the wind as you ride.

I agree with Glider, I went through 3 sets of heated grips on my RKC befor I traded the last set back for heated gloves. The parts guy kept telling me no one ever has problems until the last set went out, than he said they see a high failure of them, and the gloves keep my whole hand very warm, infact I need to turn them off half the time, evan off the gloves are the warmest set I have.

Thanks for the advice guys. I had thought about the gloves, and didn't think about the backs of my hands with the grips. I think the gloves are cheaper anyway!:small3d009:

Much better off with the heated gloves like the Gerbing G3. The grips don't last too long and only heat the inside of your hand where the gloves heat the outside/back that is exposed to the wind as you ride.

I agree with Glider, I went through 3 sets of heated grips on my RKC befor I traded the last set back for heated gloves. The parts guy kept telling me no one ever has problems until the last set went out, than he said they see a high failure of them, and the gloves keep my whole hand very warm, infact I need to turn them off half the time, evan off the gloves are the warmest set I have.

Go for the heated gloves heat grip do not last or work all that well the gloves are a much better deal IMO

I have heard also the back of the hands still get cold with heated grips and they also quit working very often. For Christmas I gave my wife the heated jacket liner and heated gloves. She now want to ride anytime no matter how cold it is... (32 and above) she likes them so well I went and bought myself the liner and gloves. We rode last Saturday and Sunday and I have to say riding in the 30's and 40's now very comfortable...We both can not take the liner turned all the way up.

Back