free website stats program Heat (crossover pipe) | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat (crossover pipe)

thomas123

The back side of my right knee has an "ictch" problem. And the heat cvoming from the crossover pipe is way too much. Question - If I go to a two pipe system - without the cvrossover - will this solve the right side heat problem. Anyone done this ?? Thanks...

Same as Bud, true duels will solve the right leg heat problem. Put them on my RG, no longer a heat problem. Also put the oil cooler on and dropped the summer riding temp by 18 to 25*.

If you don't wish to change the header pipes, you could try heat deflectors.
Click on the "NO MORE FRIED THIGHS" at the top of the page.

ditto on the tru duals also installed oil cooler and had a richer map minstaloled i can ride my bike 50-75 miles round town on a 90+ day and the hottest my bike gets is 230 degrees farenheit.

i went the cheap way on my rk. i took a 1-5/8 core plug and put it in the right side pipe just below the joint of the pipes. drilled a 1/4 in. hole straight thru and tig welded it in place with the crown facing up to the rear cylinder. factory pipes and true duals. dealer said i would lose mid range power but it runs fine.

Here is a list of what I did on my 07 FLHTC:
Syn. Oil
Oil Cooler
Heat Shields
Rinehart True Duels w/SE stag 1 and SERT - made the biggest difference

About the only other thing you could do is put on a larger cap. oil pan. I think Baker makes one.

Back