free website stats program Heal or Toe shifter | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heal or Toe shifter

I have to make a conscious decision to use the heel shifter.My other bikes
have single shifters,as did every other bike i've ridden in the last 40 years.
However,the boots i wear on the H-D are absolutely pristine on top:bigsmiley11:

TOe shifter i cannot get used to the heal shifter even removed mine

I use the Toe shifter almost all the time and I removed the heel shifter too until I went to HD dealer last week and saw this new heel shifter that has a detent and clicks back out of the way of your heel when you don't want to use it. It is a little $$ at $70.00 but works great. This is info from HD.

Folding Heel Shifter

Give your left foot a little extra room. Folding Heel Shifter permits the rider to move the rear shift peg out of the way when on the open road, while retaining heel/toe shift functionality around town. Positive detent holds the peg in the selected position. Easy to install, the replacement rear lever is chrome-plated, and shaped to match the Original Equipment toe shift lever. Lever accepts stock or accessory shifter peg.

33876-07
Fits '86-later FL Softail® models and '88-later Touring models.
H-D online price: US $69.95.

I use the Toe shifter almost all the time and I removed the heel shifter too until I went to HD dealer last week and saw this new heel shifter that has a detent and clicks back out of the way of your heel when you don't want to use it. It is a little $$ at $70.00 but works great. This is info from HD.

I've got this heel shifter as well. Saw it when I went to the HD dealer to get a cap to cover the splines when I took my heel shifter off. Works great! Shifter is out of the way, but I can still use the heel shifter when I want.

After 20 years of rice burners, I bought my first Harley last year. I planned that the first modification I would do would be to take off the heal shifter. I never got around to that project and I'm glad I didn't. It seems so much more natural now than shifting with the toe.

Back