free website stats program Headlight upgrade scared of the dark. | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight upgrade scared of the dark.

AZDave

I do my best to be home by sunset but this week I was out riding in the dark. The headlights on my 09 Heritage just do not cut it. I was looking in the HD catalog and there is a halogen upgrade. Has anyone installed it? What have you done to light the way?

I liked using my passing lights at night on my baggers it lit up both sides of the road and then some

AZDave, you will really like the Osram 80/100W bulb, it literally is 3 or 4 times brighter on low beam then the original OEM bulb (surprisingly it is an Osram 50/60W) and actually spreads light side by side a bit as well, so you do not feel like riding in a "tunnel", I know the feeling of claustrophobia with the old bulb and pitch black moonless night...! Thought I would provide pix of bulb type and headlight shell disassembly drawing for reference.
yhst-91565365470012_2091_100583
HeadlampAssyDrawing.jpg

Last edited:
Replace your stock bulb with a "Pia" vibration resistant white light bulb at about $ 60.00. You will not believe the difference and it is a relatively inexpensive fix. Bob.

Replace your stock bulb with a "Pia" vibration resistant white light bulb at about $ 60.00. You will not believe the difference and it is a relatively inexpensive fix. Bob.

This one is only about $12 and no doubt will work just as well.

Back