free website stats program Head lights/tail lights blowing fuse | Harley Davidson Forums

Head lights/tail lights blowing fuse

PigFarmer

I have a 2001 Electra glide standard and just recently I started have a problem. I jumped on the bike the other morning to head out to work and about half way down the block i noticed that my headlights were out. I turned around and parked it and noticed that my taillights were also out. Had to drive the cage into work that morning. Later discovered the fuse for the light had blown. replaced fuse and turned the ignition to on and I had lights again. This morning got on the bike and as soon as I put it into gear the headlights and taillights went out again. I am thinking maybe the voltage regulator. Any thoughts?

Check out the wiring harness under the rear fender where the tire could have rubbed through and also the harness at the neck of the bike as well as the fender tip light wire under the front fender. Any one of them can be the problem and could cause the fuse to blow.

Thank you Glider, you nailed it on the head. It was the front fender tip light. Tire finally got to the wire. I am back on the road.:rider

Back