free website stats program HCC bagger apes vs. Wild 1 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HCC bagger apes vs. Wild 1

I have the 12-1/2 Yaffe Monkey bars and love them. Word of advise, let the dealer bleed your brakes ABS !! Your light will stay on and will not bleed correctly. Check with other guys here but I was told the bike actually has to be put on a dyno and rear wheel heas to be in motion to trigger ABS system. again, check with other members here. I know a indy who did my buddies 2010 Road glide and light stayed on and it did not work correctly and he had to take it to dealer problem solved.

Well, I just put the Wild One 14 inch bagger bars on my 2006 Street Glide. The difference in the two sets of bars you are considering is the pullback. The Wild Ones come back a few more inches. That was important to me and the Wild Ones were about the only ones I could find that did that. It seems like I looked at the spec's on about every set of bagger apes you could possibly find. BTW I love the bars, they are about shoulder height on me. I would not want to go any higher as you will really notice it in tight turns and backing up at a severe angle. I used speed bleeders on both my bikes and bleeding was a breeze. I dont know how ABS would affect that if any. Hope this helps. :D

Yea I was told the same thing. The guy at wild 1 told me to do it myself and then ride up to the dealer and have them do it properly. I guess to save money on labor. I'll cross that road when I get to it. Thanks for the help fellas.

Wild 1 16"s

kingofthroad-albums-the+ride-picture6871-img_5732_copy.jpg

I love them, wife was not impressed at first, but has fallen in love with the look. I could go higher and would be fine since I am 6'7" tall, but these aren't bad. I still have a slight elbow down posture when riding.
WAP.gif

Did you get the kit? If so, were they spot on with all of the correct lengths for the cables?

Sorry about not responding to this question, but somehow I missed your question.

Yes, I ordered the kit with the the wiring extensions, clutch cable and brake line. All the lengths were correct, had no problems with any of it.

Back