free website stats program Hawg Wired, Hogtunes or Harleys Boom? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hawg Wired, Hogtunes or Harleys Boom?

Try a "Boostaroo", website by the same name. They sell a small amp about the size of your thumb, iPod plugs into it and the Boostaroo plugs into your accessory jack on the front of the HD radio. Really boosts the sound and quality for under 30 bucks. All the Goldwing guys use them, that's where I first heard of them from a buddy that unfortunately insists on riding a wing instead of a Harley..
Does this Boostaroo thing really work well, have you heard the sound quality? I can see it would save battery life on mp3 player. seems like an easy way to get some more volume. Does it improve the bass a bit too?

I can't attest to the Boostaroo's effectiveness, but maybe the below (courtesy of Hawgtunes) will help your MP3 sound quality. Also, if you have trouble with sound level between songs, make sure your sound check is "ON" in your library and device.

Many iPod™ type devices have equalizers, bass boosts, loudness contours, and “maximum volume” settings etc
built in. It works best to shut all of this off so the unit is “flat”. We suggest putting the volume of your peripheral
device to around 50% of the way up, and with your factory radio’s “AVC” or Automatic volume control off, put
the radio up to as loud as you would typically have it when riding around. Then start raising the volume of your
peripheral device to the point you start hearing some distortion. Put the AVC back where you like it on your
factory radio, and your ready to go. This is a general way to level match. Since each peripheral device has
different features, and different audio settings, you can now “mess around a bit.

Great thanks! I was just wondering if the Boostaroo was worth the bucks, I know it's not a big investment but don't need to throw money away either.

Back