free website stats program Has anyone bought or ridden the new Switchback | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Has anyone bought or ridden the new Switchback

My neighbor has one and loves it. He's been riding since he was about 14, and he is over 60 if that tells you anything. He has an ultra, an electra glide with a side car & a sportster roadster in the garage now, so it isn't like he doesn't have any choice. :s

This is my nephew's Road King and my Niece (in-law)'s Switchback.

How does the ride compare to a bagger or heritage?

I havn't ridden one but it is a dyna so it will ride very similar to a dyna. The fat front tire tends to ride smoother and softer than a narrow front tire so it should ride better than a standard dyna. As you probably already know, dynas tend to ride a little smoother than a softail, but not as smooth as a road king or electraglide.

One thing I would like to point out...I consider the switchback and the expansion of the dyna line to be an indication that the softail craze is beginning to wane just a bit.

I havn't ridden one but it is a dyna so it will ride very similar to a dyna. The fat front tire tends to ride smoother and softer than a narrow front tire so it should ride better than a standard dyna. As you probably already know, dynas tend to ride a little smoother than a softail, but not as smooth as a road king or electraglide.

One thing I would like to point out...I consider the switchback and the expansion of the dyna line to be an indication that the softail craze is beginning to wane just a bit.

The Dyna line has always been The MOCO platform for NEW products( READ )the 6 speed tranny and the NEW and improved primary self adjuster:s

Also Willie G. retiring has revived interest in designs he brought forward I would think...his vision for the low sleek look of a hardtail, with modern conveniences without pounding out your guts was a pretty good idea! :)

Back