free website stats program Harmon Kardon Advance Audio System | Harley Davidson Forums

Harmon Kardon Advance Audio System

caddes

It has been a while since I have posted, but I remember a few posts from others about Harmon Kardon radio issues (a problem I shared) and finally I have an answer

I have a 2012 triglide ultra classic (but any touring model with this radio would be the same) with software ST10 version 8.25.0

It has been 1 year, 2 Harley dealerships and a private shop. I have had 3 radios installed, one of which was much worse than mine (still using my original radio) 4 headsets and some shop headsets to test with and nobody was able to figure out the problem. Everyone followed all of the steps Harley said to do. I was given different reasons why it would not work, but always ended with “you will just have live with it”. Recently in an act of desperation; I figured that if everyone followed what Harley said to do, then I would do the only thing left, do what they said “not” to do, by this point I considered the Advance Audio System to be truly useless to me.

They say if you already have the latest software installed (though I believe if would actually be firmware) then do not do anything. They also say do not install this software to solve a problem. And they also say once the installation starts let it complete. Unfortunately the installation froze up and I had to terminate. I ignored every warning and now the damn thing works great. It works exactly as I would have expected a year ago before the constant aggravation.

My issue was with the VOX, at about 3/4 open the microphone would pick up wind noise above 50 mph and I would lose the radio and have the constant wind sound transferred into the headsets. If I tried lowering the volume I could not hear my wife speak. If I tried reducing the setting the VOX (at any speed) it would only pick up every other word. Even on a recent trip. I turned off the VOX, turned off the CB and used PTT for the intercom and I have to yell over the wind when the button was pushed.

Now I can hit speeds of 75 mph (tried so far) with the VOX setting lowered without wind activating the microphone and without dropping my voice

If you have a problem that you have had to live with on a Harmon Kardon that Harley can’t fix, reloading the software is what worked for me

Its amazing how simple computer corrections can be. It surprises me that none of the Harley dealers tried what you did......:nosad

Good Job,
WAP.gif

I would like to know if anyone knows the transistor location identification for the CB circut board to adjust the modulation. That information is out there for midland or cobra radios. I wanted the modulation adjustment so a softer womens voice would get out there .

I would like to know if anyone knows the transistor location identification for the CB circut board to adjust the modulation. That information is out there for midland or cobra radios. I wanted the modulation adjustment so a softer womens voice would get out there .

The HD module is a Midland unit

Back