free website stats program Harleys Transmission and Primary all in one oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harleys Transmission and Primary all in one oil

I do use friction Zone technique in tricky situation but however effective it always is I can't help worry about my clutch, specially after having read somewhere that the Sporty clutch is more "delicate" than that of other HDs.

Teaching this technique for a business is one thing but I always ask would you do this in a car with a shift even thou there is 4 wheels verses 2 ? The clutch wasn't designed to be used while the brake is applied.

Good news for me...I went on a 100 mile ride this past Sunday with several stops and everything went well. The alternator worked like a charm. I must've got lucky. I talked with one of the older guys I ride with and he has been riding HDs most of his life. He said he's been using the friction zone for years and has never had a problem and he's a big guy too. He did say that when practicing, it's a good idea to drive around at a higher speed and higher gear after 5-10 minutes of riding the clutch. He said if it wasn't a wet clutch, he'd be concerned. I also noticed that you can detect the very faint burned smell in the new oil. And after several weeks of settling in the clear glass cigar tube, the oil from the primary case still has the same discoloration and has not settled to the bottom of the tube at all.

Back