free website stats program harleys syn. blend oil | Harley Davidson Forums

harleys syn. blend oil

THOM1

whats your thoughts on the blend oil what i read it uses the 15w 50 base and throws in the extras like the full syn . oil. sounds good to me , I am told the full syn. is to light, and to stay with the standard oil. seems this is the best of both.

whats your thoughts on the blend oil what i read it uses the 15w 50 base and throws in the extras like the full syn . oil. sounds good to me , I am told the full syn. is to light, and to stay with the standard oil. seems this is the best of both.

Someone's handing you a load of hogwash:bigsmiley29:. Check the oil poll to see what everyone is using and why..
Personally, I prefer to go all the way with full synthetic: better cold start and high temp protection.

It all comes down to: it's your ride, you decide.

Last edited:

Hmmm. Sorta like if you listen to enough people, you will find someone that says what you want to hear?

Check this out:

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

More stuff:

Oil Related Tips - Harley Davidson Community

Polls:

Oil - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Why not use the best available for your bike. When I switched to Mobil 1 from a blend the difference in a quieter running engine was amazing. Is recommended transmission and primary oils being used?

THOM1; hope you're not getting "bug eyed" with all the oil research & posts on this site. I pulled away from HD oil long ago b/c it's too spendy & not good quality. Best bang for the buck, IMO, is M1 20W50 Synth - always seems to be on sale at one of the automotive stores (~$8.99 qt).

Back