free website stats program Harley, why no Chopper? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley, why no Chopper?

The local dealer had one several years ago. it must have sold but then I seen no other on there floor.

Harley does have its own , The Streetbob is one along with the Crossbones and all the CVO bikes that is their idea of a chopper READ Mass produced line of custom if you will bikes:s

I don't know where the Honda Fury is so successful, but at the local Harley/Honda dealer here they are just sitting there gathering dust. I can only remember seeing one on the road since they were introduced. Like some have mentioned the chopper craze has ended for now. Around here people want bikes they can ride.

I believe Harley offered a custom chopper and only high volume dealerships were granted the ability to sell them to the public. The chopper was called ThunderMountain. The whole bike was 98% harley, the only item not a harley part was the custom paint job. The choppers came with the 103 motor.

the little detail that the dealer left out is the owner can only get the thundermountain serviced at dealerships that sell the thundermountain. This may have changed over the years but I ended up with a 85 mile ride just to get it to an approved dealer. I actually went to local dealers and they said no way are we working on that, they said their lifts were not long enough. I had mine for 2 years and was glad to get rid of it the chopper did not hold up as well as regular harleys do.

my .02 cents.
Harley didn't make or design that, Thunder Mountain did. Thunder Mountain just used Harley parts, and Harley sold a few in their shops. My shop had one.

My Direct TV ads for Victory,,, I have NEVER seen such Dis-Taistful Bikes..

No front fenders , carb air-stacks sticking thru the gas tank , Looked more like out of a Cartoon than the real world..

I used to think that Victory was a runner-up and Now it is just JUNK.. :newsmile07:

signed....BUBBIE

Back