free website stats program Harley Security System | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Security System

90FXRS

Contributor
Looked through the tips section but didn't see an answer. I'm thinking about putting the tssm on the bike but was wondering something. If the alarm is active can you just remove the tssm and install a regular tsm and ride on? It makes sense to me that the security would integrate with the ecm and until it, the ecm, sees a signal to disarm the electronics the bike would be in the armed state.

I do know if you replace a TSSM with a TSM you must perform a "password learn" procedure. Now if the TSSM/ECM system was secure as it's last logic state, I think if you were to drop all keep alive power to the ECM, you may be able to install your substitute TSM, perform the password learn and start the bike.

The service manual does seem to imply that's all there is to it. Nowhere does it say a Digital Technician is required to re-marry the security part of it.

You may switch out the TSM/TSSM modules as much as you would like, but with each change, you will need to perform the "learn" process (takes about 30-40 minutes).

HOWEVER, every time you switch back to the TSSM, you will need to take the bike to the dealer to have the key fob "mated" to the bike and the ECM. The alarm system will not activate until you do.

Wasn't sure how it actually worked. Makes no sense to me to buy it and install it if all it takes is to replace it and re-program it if it's ever stolen.

Back