free website stats program Harley Screamin Eagle 16 Ga Dbl Barrel Exhaust Softail | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Screamin Eagle 16 Ga Dbl Barrel Exhaust Softail

twhoodoo

Just bought a set of brand new set of Harley Screamin Eagle 16 Ga Dbl Barrel Exhaust Softail for my 2001 Softail Deuce. Here are the questions. Baffles in or out or just take the wrap off. Don't want real loud but don't want to sound stock either. What fuel system does everyone recommend. It is FI. It has a high flow air filter.
T

Don't know if you can work on the baffles on that bike if it has stock mufflers but in any case, leave them in and it will run better. Maybe a change to a louder slip on would help.

Also if you are running the high flow filter, you are probably very lean without added fuel and can do damage by running like that.

I like the TFI for adding fuel on most bikes that haven't been heavily modified. Very easy to work with and user friendly. No mapping to deal with either.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

Gonna put on a set of Screamin Eagle 16 Ga Dbl Barrel Exhaust. How bout baffles in or out on them or just take off the wrap. Is the TFI plug and play. No dyno needed?

One more thing. Say I go to the rocky mountains in the Denver area (less oxygen). Will the TFI automatically adjust to that situation or any other such situation?

The TFI will not adjust outside of the settings you put into it but your ECM through the sensors will adjust and in turn cut down on the fuel as the altitude gets higher so basically the results will be a leaner mixture regardless.

Back