free website stats program Harley Dealers going down. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Dealers going down.

So, what does that mean? Closed till when? Obviously they can't just lock the front door and walk away!
As of right now Millville is closing for good and Wildwood will be opening soon. They basically have to lock the doors and walk away per HD.

WOW! Im Happy to say I have owned my 1959 Panhead for 42 years now....and it has never ever been in a Harley Dealership Service Dept!
Not even when it was New ...But I did buy a few Harley T shirts years ago! Do they come with a Warranty ?

Has your 59 Panhead been ridden? Or is it like the 1958 Duo-Glide that I know a gent has. His machine has been sitting in the corner of his garage for decades. He does not ride it, hence no need for service.

Has anyone heard anything about what`s going on with Millville or Wildwood why there closed?

Lew,

This experience has taught us all something though! We need to do something similar to our "Scam Buster" team, and put together a list of members who are willing and able to come to each other's rescue in the event of a "stranding". That doesn't ALWAYS require a trailer, although it sure will much of the time. But, for example, if a local member needs a helping hand with tools, I have a LOT at my disposal, so I can offer that if needed in an emergency. Perhaps other guys, like you, can be available for a trailer ride if needed. Naturally this would be subject to availability and no member would EVER have to "commit" to always being able to help.

Sounds like a plan, you could count me in. :)

Has anyone heard anything about what`s going on with Millville or Wildwood why there closed?

They are closed for sure. Still now sure of the extra details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jax, Florida, What tools I dont have at the house I can get from my big box at work to help out :)

I feel terrible for Sam's family and the employees who were so loyal to Sam. I am sure we'll get our bikes back, although how isn't so clear.

I would feel a LOT better if one of them took a minute to update their web-site and face-book site with details about this for the many loyal customers like myself, especially the guys like me who have bikes in their shops! I know this is a terribly traumatic event for them, but still, they need to communicate with everyone who they have a remaining obligation to. They certainly could have picked up the phone and called the customers who have bikes in the shop to advise them of what's happening. It's just the right thing to do.

All that said, I'm sure the bikes will be delivered back to their owners, and this is just a sad, sad thing.

I'm still dumbfounded though as to why the doors would be closed so suddenly though. Lots of businesses are closing...they have G.O.B. sales, they call their service department customers, they transition to an empty store. (Sometimes they even continue to operate without the franchise they had before. For example, I heard of one Harley dealer who made the switch over to BMW when he was told he was losing his dealership) They DON'T just lock the doors without letting their customers know what happened and what to do next. It's upsetting for everyone involved, and more so by the way we as customers are hearing about it second and third hand.
Richard I feel bad for you and all of the other loyal customers of Millville HD. I know from first hand experience the bond that is forged with a mechanic that is trustworthy. Often times they are not easy to come by. I've had my car mechanic for over twenty years and when Christmas comes I tip him well because I KNOW the valuable service that he provides to me and my family throughout the year and so it must have been with your guys down there. I'm reasonable sure that you'll get your bike back without any hassles, Good luck. It sounds like they treated you real well. Bummer.

Richard I feel bad for you and all of the other loyal customers of Millville HD. I know from first hand experience the bond that is forged with a mechanic that is trustworthy. Often times they are not easy to come by. I've had my car mechanic for over twenty years and when Christmas comes I tip him well because I KNOW the valuable service that he provides to me and my family throughout the year and so it must have been with your guys down there. I'm reasonable sure that you'll get your bike back without any hassles, Good luck. It sounds like they treated you real well. Bummer.

Richard got his ride back. :)

found this story with video.

NBC40.net :: News

Interesting, but it still doesn't get to the real details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back