free website stats program Harley Davidson...made in china | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson...made in china

Sad but true,too many parts out sourced now but packaged here

I don't believe everything I see on the news, but I know it is very hard if not impossible to find clothing or other gear made in USA, parts from China I do not think that is a wise idea and not going on my ride!

I was in the local Harley-Davidson shop last week and saw a pair of Harley-Davidson boots with a label that said "Made in Slovenia" so I decided to buy a pair. :D

bagcontents.jpg

"Assembled in USA with parts from China!"
And by "assembling" it they mean, what? They place the O-rings in a bag that says the bag is made in the U.S.of A?
"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"

It's not just H-D. The real shame is that we as a people have priced ourselves too high and think we are or should I say our skills are far to valuble. Back when the MoCo got away from AMF they couldn't find an USA based company to make the front forks, starters and related parts for what H-D wanted to pay, so off to Japan we went. My question is, how is it cheaper to build and ship stuff half way round the world and still make a profit? When things need crated up for shipping from over there the lumber is usually sent from the great northwest, then they package up the material to be shipped to the US . Then add in all the federal regulations and guess what China. Then there is the federal deficit. We owe China our souls..

Could not tell you how many times when working at a Harley dealership 3 years ago the parts dept removed the made in China sticker or put a HD sticker to cover China. Just a sign of the times and nothing new.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back