free website stats program Harley Cooling Fan | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Cooling Fan

V2wincam

Has anyone tried the LENALE COOLING FAN 200 CFM on there ride? they mount in place of the horn and are supposed to help keep the engine cooler
on those hot days when your caught in traffic and not moving much. Just
like to know if they do a respectable job. Thanks, TC

I think you'll do better by getting an oil cooler with a fan than just the parade fan HD offers.

From what I have been told, the fans blow air between cylinder and do not cool effectively and the fan motors are not reliable. As said before oil cooler and syn oil would be a better choice.

I have a Lenale fan and it has worked fine for the last 2 years. It blows a lot of air across the cyclinders and I use it when I'm stuck in traffic. I also have an oil cooler and run full synthetics to keep the heat down.

As much as I like the Lenale fan I would probably go with a fan mounted directly to the air cooler if I was interested in putting in a fan.

Anything that helps cool the oil is a good thing, in most circumstances.
Even my 4 row Jagg oil cooler helps while sitting in traffic.

Been running one for two years and it works great in traffic also running oil cooler but when your in stop and go traffic an oil cooler doesn't do a lot where the fan will drop your temps 30 to 40 degrees which will save your pistons and cylinders.

I think the Lenale fan helps. I know when stuck in traffic my right leg will never get frost bite. I turn mine on if the temps are in the 90's and I thiink the light will be more then 1-2 minutes. Also helpful in the heavy stop and go traffic we have around Washington, DC.

I bought/installed/tried one of the Lenale cooling fans on an '08 EG. It worked for a few days, and then shorted out and failed. I sent it back to the place of purchase and was sent a replacement with a note that the replacement was an improved unit. The replacement did not work out of the box. I returned it for a refund.

IMHO, I think they're junk. I would think the HD parade fan is of much better quality, but does cost a bit more.

Back