free website stats program Hard to find neutral | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard to find neutral

Bubbie is scared of Gliders Poof button, I think its all good humor I really respect you all and never find a dull moment here, signed...Capital Jack

I have a special deal for "signed....BUBBIE":D

It's a double size POOF because of all the pork chops he ate :lolrolling

Im trying reall hard to be good boss its this Dell puter Im gona hit it with a hammer:)

This oil spec came out when the Japanese manufactures in the 70's needed a "better" oil (MA / JASO rating) for racing 4 Stroke Air/Oil Cooled Multi-Cylinder 1000cc 120HP machines that spun at 10,000 RPM that also had to lubricate the tranny, primary chain (or gear drive) and wet clutches.

JASO MA in the 1970`s?? I think MA came out when API SG/SJ went away.
About 10 years ago.

I mighta known you'd be "ticked and donked" because I didn't save any Pork for you!:bigsmiley15:

signed....BUBBIE

I mighta known you'd be "ticked and donked" because I didn't save any Pork for you!:bigsmiley15:

signed....BUBBIE

YOU CAN LAUGH ALL YOU WANT... But I am Pleased with MY new Title#800 post and still kicking While taking a licking!

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont take this so seriously, this forum is bar none the best and a little satire is all good Check the self help section and older posts on fluids and watch the clutch adjusting video there is room to learn and fun to be had just ask Bubbie and me, its all good and Glider is fair and well balanced Trust me and stick around:p

I've been called a lot of things in my day but never that! :lolrolling

I have adjusted the clutch several times, but it was no help.
I have changed also the oil in the primary, now it's at the right level.
I really don't know what to do, it's driving me crazy not to find the neutral.

If your stopped with bike in gear, clutch In,, how far does the clutch lever have to move away from grip before drivetrain first starts to engage.

If your stopped with bike in gear, clutch In,, how far does the clutch lever have to move away from grip before drivetrain first starts to engage.

One third of the way.
I have also adjusted the clutch cable. I have the free play between the clutch cable ferule and the command.

One third of the way.
I have also adjusted the clutch cable. I have the free play between the clutch cable ferule and the command.

Convert one third of the way to mm or inches.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean when you say free play is between the clutch cable and the command. (?)
Clutch adjustment is a 2 part process.

I had a ton of trouble finding neutral on my new Ultra Limited. At my 1000 mi svc @ 1500 mi. The dealer (recommended and) put Amsoil severe gear oil in the tranny. Man, I'm hooked! Neutral is right there even when hot. Shifting so smooth. I'm draining the Redline out of the Road King and putting in the Amsoil severe gear ASAP. Can't get Spectro here.
WAP.gif

Back