free website stats program Hands hurt need Grip advise. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hands hurt need Grip advise.

The 2010 Ultra has throttle by wire, so the bar snake can't be used. I also have arthritis, and find that using a grip exerciser helps as much as anything.

The 2010 Ultra has throttle by wire, so the bar snake can't be used. I also have arthritis, and find that using a grip exerciser helps as much as anything.

Breeze,

They actually have a product for bikes that have wires inside the bars. It is a liquid that is applied to the inside of the bars. See here:

Bar Snake Model LV-4. Liquid Bar Snake for handle bars with kinks, bends, or wires and cables running through them. The Liquid Bar Snake can be poured into tubular handlebars and sets in four hours. The Liquid Bar Snake can be used in all tubular handlebars, but is especially intended for pro-taper handlebars, multi-curved handlebars, such as buckhorns or ape-hangers, or handlebars which have cables running through them. In short, wherever a standard solid Bar Snake cannot be easily used. Model LV-4 contains enough fluid to fill a 7/8-inch external diameter handlebar up to 40 inches long.

If longer or larger diameter, they have a different product number that includes more fluid.

TQ

With arthritis and possibly a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome, it is the vibration that is really aggravating those conditions. So a softer, larger grip may help dampen some of the "buzz" in the bars. But it may not be enough. I agree with the comment above about trying to release the "death" grip you may have on the grips too.

But another possible solution might be trying a bar snake. These change the vibration harmony of the bars and tend to neutralize the vibration. See here:

Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Hey: I dunno 'bout a "Bar Snake", but I bought for my husband Anti-Vibration MechaniX-brand Gloves at a Canadian Tire (Hardware Store). I bought them originally to mow the lawn with. But, then he tried them when he went for a ride and said that they worked really well.
After I began riding, I bought some at a Mark's Work Wear House (Workwear department store). I wore them quite happily. I briefly tried some that were supposed to be Anti-Vibe from HD, but they weren't as effective. I went back to the others.
the Arthritis: well, for that (Even at my age, I have a touch of arthritis) I find that Tylenol Brand Arthritis Tylenol works really well. It doesn't touch any other pain except Arthritis. (B'lieve me, I've tried.)
Best of luck with all the replies.

Mechanix Wear Pro Impact Glove | Canadian Tire
Dunno if that link will work, but it's supposed to link to the Canadian Tire website, with MechaniX wear impact gloves. Hope it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back