free website stats program handle bars have gold tint | Harley Davidson Forums

handle bars have gold tint

bldhnd617

I have a 2007 Road King noticed that the stock handle bars have a gold tint to them. Did I get bad bars or is this normal for the 07.

The bars on my Night train have a slight gold tint to them too. They are polished aluminum. You wouldn't notice the tint on mine if they weren't next to the chrome Triple clamps

The bars on my Night train have a slight gold tint to them too. They are polished aluminum. You wouldn't notice the tint on mine if they weren't next to the chrome Triple clamps

Tigg

What bars do you have on the bike?

I assume they are aluminum ....when I polish them with mothers mag polish I get the black residue like you get when you polish aluminum. Its kind of a copperish tint they have.

Sounds like they could be aluminum then with the residue, just curious when they went to aluminum. Seems the bars have been stainless forever.

they probably are stainless, it just takes a bit more effort to get the residue like that then it does with alum.

I use Zep 40 Non-streaking Cleanner to clean all my chrome and polished aluminum. the stuff works great on the road grime that can collect on the bottom of the pipes
I get mine from the Auto detail shop next door to my shop

zep40vend.jpg
http://www.superkleendirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5036Not Spam

Back