free website stats program handle bar issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

handle bar issue

A quick search on ebay and i found a few sets of heavy duty bushings for sale and that is here in the uk on your side of the pond they should be easily available

Brian

, there is red dust around the bolts like a disentegrated bushing, or it could be locktite, i just bought the bike a month ago, so im not sure what the previos owner has used, he did take awesome care of her though.

The rubber bushes at the bottom of the risers do wear out and there can be a fair bit of slop in the bars part number 53156-86 and there should be 4 of them there are aftermarket alternatives that are a wee bit firmer

Brian

Brian
what is with the Red dust?? any ideas or is it old locktite?

Brian
what is with the Red dust?? any ideas or is it old locktite?

I would suspect that the bushes have been replaced in the past and are no longer black rubber but red polyurethane which would explain the red dust

Brian

I would suspect that the bushes have been replaced in the past and are no longer black rubber but red polyurethane which would explain the red dust

Brian

thanks Brian, that would explain it. it had me scratching my head which i do enough of anyway..:newsmile026:

thanks Brian, that would explain it. it had me scratching my head which i do enough of anyway..:newsmile026:

You have to watch out for splinters with all that head scratching :p

Brian

Back