free website stats program Hammock seat poor fit | Harley Davidson Forums

Hammock seat poor fit

guarddan

Hello, I have bought a hammock seat part number 52000176 for my 2015 ultra limited and am so disappointed in the fit. When I put it on it seems like the seat is sitting on the chrome saddlebag support. When I attempt to put the screw through the chrome bracket at the rear of the seat that goes to the fender, I have to push the rear of the seat down about 3 inches to screw it down. My other hammock seat did not do this nor does the stock seat. Any ideas on this? Thanks

If you bought it at a dealership, I'd take it back and explain your concerns to the manager. Maybe they'd let you try another one to see if you just got a bad one.

If you bought it online, I'd still contact whoever you bought it through and tell them it's not right.

I bought one a few weeks ago, removed the stock seat off my 15 Limited Low, placed the new Hammock in it's place, slid it forward towards the tank, went to install the screw in the back and thought "What The?.....". the seat was about an inch too far forward and sat up about 3". Checked the number, was correct, put it back in the box, taped it up.
Later I tried it again an slipped the Hammock back about half an inch and pushed the seat down and it fit.

It sure did not fit like the demo I tried but at least the backrest worked out ok. It's called patience I guess.........

Back