free website stats program H.K. Stereo problem... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

H.K. Stereo problem...

I know they had an HK software update to fix a few issues. Not sure if your issue is one though. Have a look at link below to see if it will help.

I have a question related to the upgrade. I have downloaded the upgrade, put it on to a CD and followed the instructions but the upgrade never takes. I've tried it several times but no luck. It is supposed to run about 7 -10 minutes but I have left it for several hours with no luck. Any suggestions?

I have run into that as well. I think the problem was the computer/operating system that I have and it would not work. If you drop by your dealer thay might let you use their CD for upgrades. They will around here. You can do it in the parking lot - 7 minutes.

I also had a problem, then went back and re-burned the cd at a slower speed, and it worked. Here's the instruction section from the HD/Hk site.

Write/burn these two files to a CD (CD-R or CD-RW) in a standard format (HFS Plus/ISO 9660), iTunes (Audio CD), or MP3 (ISO 9660). Set your record speed down to eight or less and follow the instructions provided by your CD writing software

If i am burning a CD to use on an expensive automotive stereo head unit then i burn it at 8 speed or less or they will skip or be unreadable
However a cheap and nasty head unit seems to be able to read anything

Brian

I also had a problem, then went back and re-burned the cd at a slower speed, and it worked. Here's the instruction section from the HD/Hk site.

Write/burn these two files to a CD (CD-R or CD-RW) in a standard format (HFS Plus/ISO 9660), iTunes (Audio CD), or MP3 (ISO 9660). Set your record speed down to eight or less and follow the instructions provided by your CD writing software
Note the format type. I first used Win 7 and all it asked me if I wanted to use it in a computer or CD/DVD player. Of course, I choose CD/DVD. WRONG! When I re-burned the files on a new CD using a CD/DVD burning program and made sure one of those formats was being used in the options menu it worked. I use CyberLink Power 2 GO starter S/W that came with my burner.

Back