free website stats program H-D Police Badge | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Police Badge

5Pack

I'm very curious.....
I Have a 2001 Electra-Glide Classic (FLHTCI) that I purchased used not too long ago. I don't know the color name, but it's a dark metallic blue with light blue pin-striping. It has the tour pack and hard bags with the chrome flip latch on the side just like everybody else's, but mine has a H-D Police Badge on the rear of the left side bag. I figure it's not a "police model" as it doesn't have the "knob" latches on the top of the side bags.
Can anyone tell me why H-D put the badge on my bike?
Does anyone know what the color of my bike is called?:dknow
Thanks all!

Does anyone know what the color of my bike is called?:dknow

2001 Models
Birch White 90303
Bronze Pearl 62074
Chrome Yellow 84454
Diamond Ice Pearl 37056
Jade Sunglo 3ct 193774/401515
Luxury Rich Blue 193774
Luxury Rich Red 75946
Racing Orange B/C 62685
Real Teal Flash 401419
Suede Green Pearl 400442
Viking Purple/Concord Purple Pearl 52788
Vivid Black 9850
White Highlight Pearl 92151/92152
Thanks all![/quote]

wildspirit & glider,
thanks for the quick response. I'll go with luxury rich blue (as that's the only blue color).
Also, I learned the diference between "police model" and "peace officer edition". Can I then assume that mine is a 2001 "peace officer edition"? If so, does that mean anything (like limited edition or limited production numbers)?
Thanks,
5Pack

Can I then assume that mine is a 2001 "peace officer edition"? If so, does that mean anything (like limited edition or limited production numbers)?
Thanks,
5Pack

The limited edition or numbered bikes makes little difference when it comes to selling one unless they were produced in very small numbers like the sturgis model for instance. Down the road even the SE bikes aren't worth much more than the standard edition bikes. Been there done that. :s

Thanks Glider,
Besides having the badge on the side bag, is there anything different about my bike than those without the badge?

Back