free website stats program H-D Factory Security System Install | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Factory Security System Install

I have and 04 Fatboy with factory installed security (no alarm). I was wondering what would be involved in disabeling it or removing it all together from the bike. I do not use it and have recently had a lot of trouble with it ( a whole nother story) and would just like to get rid of it. I bought the bike used and the original owner had it installed when he bought the bike new.
Thanks....fatboydoc.

You would have to install a different TSM (turn signal module) to replace the TSSM (turn signal security module) They aren't cheap.

You would have to install a different TSM (turn signal module) to replace the TSSM (turn signal security module) They aren't cheap.
Thanks Mr. Data, I will check with my indy and get a price. Im just tired of the hassle with it.......fatboydoc

Please someone call me a dummy or am i missing something here. Just got my smart system today and got it installed. The box had only 1 page for instructions and NO WHERE did it say anything about doing a learn procedure. I was getting a bit mad, called the dealer, spoke to the parts guy who sold it to me and he ended up transferring me to the service dept. They did not know (all the techs were gone for the day). I found this forum THANK GOODNESS! and saw Gliders thread on how to do the learn procedure and program the manual PIN. Ok, after doing the procedure 2 times, it worked. Starts and runs great, Did the manual PIN programming. My ordeal is, I don't have a blinking security light and it does not seem to be arming. Did i forget something or not read something correctly or do I still have to go to the dealer for the tech to do something with the computer. I already cleared the P1009 code. HELP! LOL

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Chris

By smart system, I assume you mean the alarm system, and not just the smart siren.

In any event, you have to have the dealer set it up using the digital tech for the bike to recognize the system.

Thanks Mr. Data,

I am going to the dealer here in a few minutes to have them check it out. Hope they don't charge me an arm and a leg to do it. Thanks for your help on this!

Just got back from the dealer and $46 later the security system works as advertised. They had to program the FOB to the system. :bigsmiley30:

OK I am new to this forum but have read several of the postings having to do with the factory HD security system I am adding to my 06 Ultra. They were a great help but now I am stuck. Would like to see if anyone else has had the same problem or if I just missed a step. 2006 HD Ultra Classic, EFI with power commander. I got the system on and the siren II just fine. They both seem to work. I have had a Road King before that came with the system already installed from the factory, so I am familiar with the operation part. Alarm, key fob, and manual disarm all good. My problem is I can't start my bike. While I realize this is the best of all security..it doesn't allow me to actually ride my bike. I can reinstall the original TSM and it runs fine. Anyone have a clue as to what I did wrong? Thanks for the help.

Hi, You need to 'marry' the tssm to the bike. The directions are a bit tricky and you have to follow them exactly. When you start the process and turn the ignition for the on/off sequence, the engine & security light come on for a few seconds, then go off, wait for a few seconds longer & then the light will come on for the 10 minute cycles. Do not multi task here, just watch the light and as soon as the light goes off, do the on/off sequence again. If you mess this up in any of the 3 cycles, it will not work & you have to start over. I know the directions for marrying the tssm are posted on one of these threads, and maybe in the self help section. Also, if you have a battery tender, hook it up because sitting there with the headlight on & the bike not running will kill the battery. Good luck!

Try this:

tn717s3.jpg

Back